Thursday, September 8, 2011

“If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies”

I really enjoy change and movement in lot of different ways. Sometimes things in life start to feel uncomfortable to me and I get restless so I need to shake them up a little bit. Sometimes things feel great but I just want something different.

 I do take comfort in the familiar and I enjoy stability in my life...but the artistic energy inside of me thrives on evolving and altering the "old" to make something new. I do this at times with my paintings. I had painted this fun butterfly painting and I admired how pretty and whimsical it was...but the more I looked at it, it felt like it was lacking something...no, not lacking something...it just wasn't the right idea that I had in mind when I painted the background originally. So I decided to change it. 




No comments: