Tuesday, April 10, 2012

sometimes art finds you

Do I believe in art by accident? I'm not so sure...I mean, when it happens it's really fun and exciting but is it okay? 


I struggled with these various ink paintings for weeks it seems and when I finally had enough and peeled the tape away, ripping them off the flimsy acrylic boards I used for backing...something interesting happened.


Those silly boards became art to me. I looked at each one in different light and wondered why they were so cool. They really are fascinating to me...they almost feel intentional.


Maybe the struggle was all about these final art works...maybe this was what was supposed to be all along and when I finally stopped fighting the process something new and incredible was revealed.


What do you think?


Are accidents in art okay?


I stuck them against white drawing paper to see what they would look like against the white background.


I was speechless.


There is movement and color and feeling.


There is the ghost of the original intention, still there, but no longer the focus.











No comments: