Tuesday, November 8, 2016

it's a very important day



I missed posting last week and I will miss this week due to a move out of state.

My creative spirit has been drifting in an empty house, a new space, dreaming of so many possibilities. I'll admit I love change but we have had so much change in the last few years I have grown restless and ready to settle for a bit. Sometimes life does not give you the chance to rest if you want to keep moving and growing. Sometimes you don't get the chance even if you don't want to move and grow and you are begging to stand still. Our little family is learning to find what we need to be happy and to forget the rest, or at least let the rest take a backseat for a while. There are other things to think about too, always.

So...today is kind of a big deal for the United States. And the world. I won't pretend to be overly educated about the ins and outs of politics. I recognize the flaws and I see the beauty. There is typically both, in almost everything.

I'll enjoy the day crunching through the leaves of this endless fall. I'll enjoy the stretching of the season I love so much while questioning the warmth of this weather. I'll forever be confused and wondering if I'm making the right decisions and choices...but knowing I can only make the best decision with the information I have right this very moment. 

I will encourage you to read, to explore, to learn. To listen. Listen even if you feel there is nothing anyone can say to you anymore. Hear another heart. Don't think about what you are going to say while another person is talking. Change. Or don't. Just be open to it because let me tell you, I have changed so, so much in my short time here on earth and I continue to do so. Surround yourself with good people and love them even if they don't share all of your views. 

Hug someone you love, do something kind, and please, please, if you can...go vote.

I did and I'm so happy I have that choice.




No comments: