Saturday, February 19, 2011

nineteen

I love this month because it is my birthday month plus there is valentines day which I also love (it has always felt like a special day or at least a day of emotions whether sad or happy and I'm a pisces...so I love to feel...)


...and one of the best things about this month is Jeff.

Jeff and I got married in August of 2004 but our unofficial anniversary is February 19th, 2002. We met in Octoberish of 2001, exchanged a fateful email that December and by February of that next year we decided to become exclusive. It was on February 19th, over the intimate allure of AOL instant messenger (pre-facebook!!)

The number 19 has always carried some significance from that point on...I was even 19 years old at that point as it was also pre-birthday. Here are some examples that I was excited to discover when I sat down to really think about it...


The first flowers Jeff ever gave me were a bunch of tulips...and there were 19
wedding date: 8/07/04 = 19
current address:10819 = 19
current zipcode: 80227 = 19
building I work in  2197 = 19

The first showing we had for our townhome that is currently for sale was on January 19th this year!

I'm sure there are more that I'm overlooking or have not discovered yet but it's kinda interesting...

So, I have had a pretty crappy week and have not felt very healthy and utterly exhausted. It's an ongoing cycle. When I woke up this morning the first thing I said to Jeff was "ugh, I don't feel good and I have so much to do..." He is immediately a comfort and a kind word. He made me oatmeal and starting doing laundry and cleaning the house (I can hear him vacuuming right now) I can't express in words how grateful I am for this wonderful man.


We have so many fun memories tied up in the last decade we've known each other. I am pretty sure I have never laughed as hard as I have with Jeff, even at the silliest things that are probably funny to no one else on earth. I feel so grateful to have married my best friend and so so happy we were able to really grow up together and continue to grow through our challenges and our triumphs...right now my heart is telling me this is the perfect subject for a new painting series.

As soon as my energy is up I plan to start the series "19" a beautiful reflection of the great love in my life who makes me feel better when I feel so low about myself, who helps me smile even when my energy is so down. 


I love you...



1 comment:

Jeff said...

I love you baby...