Saturday, July 2, 2011

...and I also found the perfect lamp.

I was really anxious for the holiday weekend to finally put my art studio/writing space/inspirational haven together. Jeff sweetly started painting the walls after a long day of work and errands and I worked on a few projects...


The color this water turned was really breath-taking. My lacking photography skills can't really capture the essence of it but it was so lovely I either wanted to drink it or frolic on a beach pretty much immediately.






I got this cute little dresser from my mom and while it is very adorable and a color I really like, it doesn't fit in with my new color palette. All the small drawers are perfect for holding my paints, pens and inks so I'm anxious to put all of that stuff away again soon (oh and immediately pull them back out so I can get creating) 


Here is the before and a work in progress picture. I'll post the after tomorrow when it's all put together.







ps. the wall color is perfect...a little bit minty but not too minty, pretty and soft and absolutely perfect for contemplative moods, creating... and finding things beautiful. I can't wait to share my new space!

No comments: