Sunday, January 22, 2012

it's sunday at dusk

the absolute perfect time to start some creating...I have been working on our living room, clearing out my usual love for warm reds and earthy tones and replacing with some cooler blues and greens. 


part of that project is recycling some things I already have and making them new.


number one is this mirror that has been in my family for as far back as I can remember...I do remember standing in front of it as a little girl and staring at myself many times!  I decided to keep it after my parents parted ways and got rid of virtually everything from their former lives.


I don't have a lot of physical things left to fully remember my growing up. I think this mirror should live on as a memory...it just needs to be perked up a bit.


Here is the before...a final shot of this family mirror in all it's original glory. I will post the after once I get to sanding and re-painting it to mesh with our living room.




Another project I'm working on is some wall decoration for my art room. I have a lot of words and ideas floating around so I decided to incorporate some words into a few small paintings.


This will be a work in progress because it is a little tedious but here are the beginning stages...








No comments: