Wednesday, October 12, 2016

b is for...



Bountiful. Abundant. Lavish in love, in beauty, in the new, in everything.

Inexhaustible. Generous. Plentiful.

Bountiful is a fabulous word for the creative mama. Women, mothers, artists, all full of larger than life feelings that explode in a shower of exuberant love for life, our children and our families. Bountiful bursting of our imaginative souls. 

I have felt this word strongly as a woman. Bountiful took on a new meaning when I became a mother, my curves filling in even more, my body growing another little soul. The feelings became enormous and they were not always the vision of glowing rosy cheeked babies buried in the breast. Sometimes the feelings were darkly full in frustration, in fear and pain and even anger.

My art is a result of an abundant well of emotions They whirl inside and fall out of me through ink, in paint and pencil, they mingle in with torn pieces of paper and so, so many words. Art speaks a language that is so full and rich, it is difficult to describe.

Thank you to my lovely friend Eileen for suggesting this beautiful word. 

Next up is C...what word would you use for the creative mama that starts with the letter C?


4 comments:

Jeff said...

I love you! C words: Courageous. Comforting.

Anonymous said...

C is for Commitment, Compassion, Curious ;-) Love you! Judi

Unknown said...

I also like "courageous"-I'm not a mother myself yet but hope to someday be one. I am terrified-so completely terrified and, to me, to be a mother, creative or not :) is courageous.

Alli said...

I love all of these, thanks for the lovely words :-)