Wednesday, January 25, 2017

take care of you

I know. It's total shit right now isn't it?

Life is very tumultuous, the unknown is always frightening, and there is a whole lot of pain everywhere you look. Even if you are satisfied with the outcome of recent events there is still a lot of strife and discord among, well, everyone. It sucks.

We have also reached that time in January where our super shiny goals are starting to wear a bit and maybe slip away, if we even had a firm grasp on them in the first place. It's all a bit depressing.

Here is a simple challenge for you today...if you have a moment to just be, if you are so lucky. I am lucky at the moment. My challenge is to drop some of the lofty goals you might have laid out for yourself. You don't have to dismiss them completely but just push them gently to the side and think about three things you can do for yourself that are simple and not very time consuming, so you actually have a chance to get them done! I'm guessing your bigger goals for the year might take a bit longer to achieve. Here are three things I plan to do for myself once a week this year, that are doable and all about me. 

1. at home mud face mask on Sundays

2. watch a documentary on Fridays

3. drink a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy a moment of quiet




Want to hear more about the things I did not achieve last year? Check out my blog post over at Mother Manifesto!





What kind of things will you do to take care of you? Share in the comments.




No comments: