Thursday, May 3, 2018

wxyz is for...

My ABC series was moving right along and I was so excited to finish it, to finally complete one of my many half done projects. The paintings were complete, all photographed and uploaded into my computer...and then life happened like it typically does.

I'm expecting our second child and from the moment I got pregnant I was ill. All consuming, don't want to do anything, can't really do anything, omg when will it end illness.

Here I am crawling through the third trimester and I am so anxious to finish the ultimate project my body is creating. 

In the meantime, here is WXYZ, at last...

This creative mama is so tired and ready to start the new adventure.



W

I spend a lot of time in this frame of mind: wonder.

So does my child.

We spend many moments wondering about all kinds of things. His tend to be more fun. and interesting..is his brain made out of noodles? 

My wondering borders between fun and worrisome, exotic and mundane. 

What do you wonder about? What are fun things you wonder about with your child?






X

X is such a fun letter. Mysterious and difficult. Not many words that fit the creative mama narrative start with x.

X 's and O's. Hugs and kisses. We have a lot of love flowing in our family. My little guy absolutely loves to be affectionate and I cannot resist his sweet little boy hugs. He hugs my growing belly daily and tells me how much he loves everyone in his family, how much he loves the whole word.

I admire him so much. I hope my heart could hold half the love his contains.




Y

When I think of the word yield, I think of making way, giving space for something else to move before I can move forward.

This really sums about my version of parenthood. I have had to step back many times and just let things flow before comfortably moving forward. I have had to give up control and allow things to just be in order to have any sort of peace.

Art is so much like this...you think you know where you are going, and you are determined to get to that final vision, but sometimes you just have to step back and yield to whatever is happening.





Z

In parenting and creating it is so important to have passion for the process. It can be frustrating, intimidating, make you feel crazy and happy and all kinds of everything...but if you approach it with zeal, if you give it your all, your very best (even if it doesn't feel like much) the journey will be an exciting one, full of love, color and beauty.  It may be progress, not perfection, passion in the midst of growth and pain, but it will be quite the adventure.

It's an incredible ride and it's never ending. 






I hope you enjoyed my ABC's of the Creative Mama series! You can see all of the paintings here.

If you are interested in why my pregnancy journey has left this blog unattended for months I would love for you to check out my post over at Project Mother by clicking here! While you're there definitely check out some inspiring words and stories from all kinds of mamas going through the process.

XOXO

No comments: