Sunday, May 8, 2011

i love you mom

My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.
Pablo Picasso





Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there, to my own beautiful mother, Patricia, to Judi who loves me like I'm her own, to Darice who taught me to cherish myself and to Carolyn, my mom away from home. Also, to the mom-to-be to a wonderful baby boy, Sarah Jalaine: you will be amazing. I love you all! (and I love you too Jenn for talking me through the cake pop tragedy and not making fun of my ridiculous cake making foibles )


It has taken some time for me to get there (still a little wigged about pregnancy, not gonna lie) but now I am confident that I hope to someday to join the mommy world; I know I can and I will learn a lot from all the incredible mothers I know. 


Jeff and I hosted a little mother's day get together which meant good food and lovely people to complete an extremely busy weekend. (note: DO NOT attempt cake pops when stressed or busy or making an offer on a house. Results may end up like this )


I made some mini quiche and an awesome strawberry spinach salad recipe I found here. I just tweaked it a bit and added some grilled chicken and feta cheese...the dressing was yummy! I also had some fun with desserts and managed to make a few cake pops work. I thought they would initially be an epic fail but with a little (a lot) of help from Jenn they worked a bit better. I don't think my artistic nature carries over into the cake pop world just yet.





Mom loved your beautiful flowers Mike!


I love how they all have the same smile :-)






Jeff and I finished this long weekend with some cocktails and a little bit of some much needed rest. I hope you had a beautiful day with your mom or someone else you love!



1 comment:

jalaine said...

Your brunch looks beautiful. Thanks for the shout out, mom will be touched! For the record, I'm still a little wigged out about pregnancy too! Lol. You will be a wonderful mommy, but you have plenty of time...just so that our kids are close enough together to get married someday! Hehe. Love you!