Sunday, May 15, 2011

to everyone:

I wish I could make it better.

I wish I could take away the pain with melody, with words, with a drop of paint. I wish the pain would fade like the sun does at dusk.

Those are my comforts. I love that time, those hours, languid, as we move into spring and summer. There is the moment as the day shifts into night and the spaces always occupied by noise and murmur are still, quiet.

To see tears and a desolate look on your face makes my heart fold in half, tight and frightened. I wish that comfort could envelope you and take the pain like the night takes the sunlight.


I wish I had the answer and the cure and the last page written in life's story.


I wish my embrace could whisper to you all of the love that spills out of my folded heart.





No comments: