Monday, May 16, 2011

seeing here now



I am missing my brother a lot...I took this picture while we were waiting in line for a pizza place under the Brooklyn Bridge. I really love that little pink giraffe thing and the fact there is a number 13 above the door. I can't wait to get back to New York and explore some more! I've never really been a city person but there is something about it...that just speaks to me. 


I'm not much of a photographer but I would so love to learn. Mike really has learned a lot through the lens and has done some incredible work. He even got to show his photography recently! Wish I could have been there...


You can buy the exhibition catalogue for $13 here. The artists were all participating in a workshop called  Introduction to Photography & Video: A Creative Outlet for Veterans. 


I'm clearly a huge fan of using art as a way to express your feelings. Some of the things we think about and feel in the dark quiet and solitude don't have to be said. They can be shown and let out through images and sound. I'm so proud of my brother, also a writer and an artist, a dreamer and a fighter...




No comments: