Sunday, July 17, 2011

july is half over.

I can't believe July is already half over and we are more than halfway through 2011. I kind of feel like Jeff and I have been running non-stop for a while now and even our down time is not relaxed enough. I am definitely envisioning myself on a beach in the very near future. I guess it's the pisces in me that is craving the feel of the ocean and the warm sun on my "scales"

My art studio/creative space/writing room is just about done thanks to Jeff painting in all of his spare time. The chalkboard wall is soooo cool and I can't wait to start chalking up my goals. I am even more excited to start crossing some of them off. I have to share that I'm getting a little nervous. I have been in a small slump virtually every day and at some point also during every day I realize I need to lift my head up and live life.


I am just about finished with my application for a masters degree program at DU, creative writing. It's a program that works with working adults so it definitely works for me. I'm ready to start doing something to help myself and better myself. I have all of these opportunities at my fingertips...


I started my official running program a little late with the slight rain delay (it's a 5K, I am starting small but I'm starting) I'm looking at indoor running options what with all the storms we've been having. I really love the rain so I'm not complaining. 


I scavenged the on-sale craft/art supply racks at michaels and found some fun new things to work on and try out.


Jenn sent me a bunch of old college pictures a while back and we scanned some in to put on facebook. Hey, we didn't have digital cameras (at least I didn't) OR facebook when I was in school...agghh I feel old. Anyway, this one really stands out to me. I have no idea who I'm calling or what I'm doing but I look happy, carefree and like I'm having fun. I'm sure I was and sometimes I miss that feeling. It's so nice it was captured and I can look at it now and realize what I want out of this one life I get.



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Alli, if you want to feel like that again, just eat a Fun Dip and a box of Runts. That's what we were cracked out on that day. It was a sugar high, plain and simple.