Wednesday, August 3, 2011

oh baby, baby...

Sarah Jalaine and Sean are having a baby boy...very soon! I feel so grateful to have been able to help host a baby shower in her honor, along with my second mom Carolyn :-) Jalaine's sister in law Jenn made an absolutely beautiful diaper cake (I never knew what one was before but WOW I have to say I'm impressed) and even little diaper parfaits, adorable!


I'll post pictures of everything later when I've collected all the pictures that everyone took but for now here are a few random shots I took both before and after the shower.


I made these sweet little banana pudding things and this was the process. I thought the pudding looked so smooth and pretty I really didn't want to break through the surface. It was like butter bathed in daylight.




I also loved the balloons starting to fade and fall at the end of a lovely day...





But most of all I love this picture of Jalaine beside her dad ( I took it when she wasn't looking) I think she looks absolutely beautiful. I am so excited to meet the little guy...and even more so to watch her become a mom. She is the girl I grew up with riding down Academy Blvd in "scooter", skipping math class with and finding our own silly (and nerdy) adventures. She is the friend who listened to me cry; she was my family when I felt like I had no where to turn. She is the woman who stood beside me as I married Jeff. She is amazing and I think this picture shows how gorgeous she is. 



No comments: