Wednesday, October 19, 2011

oh, actually it is fall







I love looking out my window to see these colors. Soon they will be gone and I'll be sad until a pristine white blankets the earth, even if it's just for a few moments. 


I just got back from a trip to Arizona to see my grandfather and visit my grandmother and it turned into a mini family reunion, full of both joy and sadness, beauty and heartbreak all wrapped up into one tight package that I will carry with me always. I plan to write about the experience sometime soon and share some photographs that Mike and I  took of moments with our Granny Kay. For now, I am thrown back into my world of school work although I plan to take breaks to watch the shifting of the seasons through my windows.


I have a lot flowing through my mind and my heart is so heavy it's very full; my heart is pulling me down into this space that makes me want to snuggle up in the sweater weather and cry awhile.


I wrote the following poem in high school and it is curled up inside my mind today...


Under falling leaves
safe inside my shadowed space


Gaze past the starlit sky
into white moonlight on my face


While I dream of times passed by


Soft blur of orange drift past my eyes
melding red and golden hue


Beauty sought to help disguise
memory of my knowing you


Breath like haze, fills numbing air


Blue color floods pink fingertips
As I simply stay and stare


Remember honey from your lips. 


No comments: