Saturday, December 3, 2011

finally...

I can release a deep breath because I am creating something...sometimes I feel like I am almost suffocating when I haven't painted something in a while. I think this will be soft, beautiful and perfect for our living room.


It has been a very long time since I painted something for me, that fully resonates with me and is for a specific space.  I am trying not to ruin this by working on it before each layer is totally dry which is tough. I loovvveee working on multiple things at once and I wanted this painting to be in several pieces to stretch across a larger wall. 


For now...meet the beginnings of my hazy piece. You may notice little birds spattered around in the last photos. The technique involved my drawing birds with a black sharpie, making photocopies and affixing the photo copies with wet acrylic paint to the canvas. When fully dry I'll spray the paper with water and carefully rub off the excess paper, leaving the black image from the photo copy. I hope it works because it will create an interesting effect.


It's a snowy day in Colorado and a perfect day to stay inside and create...finally.








No comments: