Wednesday, April 26, 2017

i is for...

the feeling when you want to create something can be...

intense.

the feeling when you look at your child can be intense.

there are so many emotions wrapped up in being both an artist and a mother. The artist part alone can be overwhelming. I believe all types of artists look at the world a bit differently. Maybe we see something that is not immediately obvious, get inspired by an orange gummy bear dropped haphazardly in the grass, the splash of a lime green wrist band at the gym, or the dark abyss of frozen lake water dusted with snow. 

There are many catalysts to creating.

I have often stepped back to look at a completed piece of art work and I feel this sort of high about what I created. It is the best feeling. 

and then...there are times when I look at my son, and I am knocked over. There is this love that sits there, heavy on my chest, almost as if it is...too much. I have no other way to describe it. Intense.

My guys recently brought me some lovely tulips, a burst of orange and yellow spilling color through my mind as they sat for a week, fully vibrant then drooping quickly. They often caught my eye as I walked past each day, and became the inspiration for the letter i painting. 





No comments: