Sunday, January 30, 2011

ink painting part one


1. tape yupo paper to board (I used a clear acrylic panel I salvaged from a metal picture frame)
2. seal edges with matte medium or masking fluid 
3. start inking! 
4. a little more...
5. the spray bottle helps move the ink
6. time for some more color


7. used the spray bottle a ton 
8. a little more ink (four colors now) 
9. more water
10. let the colors run, tilted the board to manipulate the ink
11. I let a lot of the ink run off the edge of the paper
12. added some more color
13. I used less water and barely moved the board to work the ink
14. this is the first layer so it needs to dry before I can start on the second. It is definitely a lengthy process to work on these paintings but the effects can be so intricate and interesting. Stay tuned for part two to see the finished piece...




1 comment:

Jenn said...

Love the step by step! You're really inspiring me to get creative and finish some projects.